Baked crusted cod with fresh herbs is quick and easy to prepare.
This baked breaded cod recipe is one of the easiest and best fish recipes I’ve tried. Which means you can have this healthy, tasty herb crusted baked cod ready to serve in no time.
I used New Zealand Blue cod for this recipe.
Blue cod is the main target sea fish in the South Island of New Zealand where I live so it is a fish we often have on hand. It’s both nutritious and flavorful loaded with lean protein, vitamins, and minerals. This versatile fish is easy to prepare in multiple ways. Blue Cod fish has a mild flavor, and thick flaky fillets that falls apart easily when cooked which makes it suitable for most cooking methods and a true delicacy!
The New Zealand blue cod is exclusive to New Zealand waters around the rocky coasts. It is more common in the south Island of New Zealand. However any cod or other thick flaky fish is suitable to use as a substitute in this blue cod recipe.
Curried coconut sauce is an aromatic sauce with coconut cream, curry and lime.
It’s served in room temperature and can easily be made in advance.
The creamy coconut sauce pairs well with the herb crusted blue cod.
Fresh coriander and garlic is blended with bread crumbs for a flavorsome crust. However if you don’t like fresh coriander then other soft herbs can be substituted. For example: parsley or chives would work well for this crusted baked cod instead.
Baking the fish rather than frying it gives it a silky smooth texture.
This herb crusted cod baked in the oven served with a coconut curry sauce makes a simple and delicious dinner.
Try this baked crusted cod recipe with fresh herbs and coconut, curry sauce at home.
It’s light, healthy, easy-to-make and delicious!
Herb baked crusted cod with curried coconut sauce
Oven baked cod with breadcrumbs flavored with fresh coriander and garlic forms an aromatic crust on the fish. The creamy curry sauce served with it is a lovely combination.
It is fast, simple and it tastes yummy which makes this dish a winner.
Crusted cod fillets
Curried Coconut Sauce
Crusted cod in oven
- Make the herb crust by putting the herbs, breadcrumbs, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a kitchen blender. Mix well.
- Grease a baking tray and lay the fillets out on it. Season the fish fillets and cover the top with the herb crust.
- Bake 180C for 5-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
Curried coconut sauce
- Empty one can of coconut cream into a bowl.
- Add curry paste, lime and fish sauce. Mix well with a whisk.
- Serve the coconut sauce in at room temperature on top of the baked breaded cod fillets with boiled potatoes or rice and fresh vegetables from the garden on the side. I use bok choi
See my page about fishing for food